We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Cat grooming is becoming more popular, especially with long-haired breeds that are hard to maintain. Skin care, coat maintenance, and nail trims are all classified as good hygiene care and important for your cat’s overall health.
At Coxwell Animal Clinic, we offer nail trims, brush outs, hygiene clips and full “lion cuts,” performed by our technicians. Brushing-out includes undercoat removal and topcoat tidying. A hygiene clip consists of “tidying” up the back end with the aid of g0rooming clippers, and a waterless bath. A full “lion cut” involves a full shave off the torso, back-end, and tail, leaving the feet, and mane.
What is the clinic booking and cancellation policy?
All grooming services are by appointment only. Patients need to be up to date on all vaccines. We require 24 hours notice for cancellations.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 416.423.3042. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, & closed Saturday to Sunday
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.